something new: The LA Noob

If something in my life stays stagnant for two days, I freak out. I revolt. More than getting fired, I feel like I'm more afraid of boredom. I like trying new things; I love exploring places I've never been before. While calm and settled are two beautiful words, they don't work for me. At least, not yet!

As I've mentioned a zillion times before, I've moved to Los Angeles about three-ish years ago and it has been the most exhilarating, most spontaneous, most random, most emotional, and most freakishly amazing three years of my life.I jumped out of an airplane, for geez' sake! Something I probably not even have thought of doing years before.

Well... anyways... the point of this post is me... well, uh... being spontaneous? Or maybe random? Yeah, most likely random. Heh, I've decided to finally make an Instagram account for all the deliciousness LA (and maybe some out of LA) has to offer! I have eaten out 80% of my LA life. For one, I can't cook. So there's that. And second, this city has spoiled me to eat whatever I want for the day with just a few feet walk. Some days, I crave sushi and ta-dah! a sushi spot next block. Some days, I crave Korean BBQ, and in a few miles (and a lot of traffic), I'm in KTown. Not only do I get to eat my fave brisket, I also get to have bingsoo afterwards. Other times, I feel so basic that I just want a loaded avocado toast, and boom! Mendocino Farms. You see where I'm going with this?
There's always something for everyone here. Films get shown here first. Universal Studios is your neighbor. Hollywood stars walking alongside you like you're buddies. Endless museums. Literally museum for every f*cking thing - Museum of Neon Art, Museum of Broken Relationships, Museum of Ice Cream (although this one's from NY, hats off!), Museum of Death, Hollywood Wax Museum, etc. A hiking trail for every area of LA. That actually drives me crazy sometimes. Eight Great Beaches. Santa Monica Pier. The Third Street Promenade where Tess got her makeover. (Anyone got that Freaky Friday reference? Just me? Okay.) Sushi. Bibimbap. Boba drinks. Adobo. In N Out - nuff said.

These things I've mentioned are not even half of what LA is. It's so diverse, it's so beautiful. You can witness so many things happening at a time. Maybe walk pass a beautiful smiling face while hearing two drivers cussing at each other just because they're both stuck in traffic. See? Beautiful! Diverse. Kidding aside, these small things really are what makes this city beautiful, why so many people risk their hand and foot just to move here and live that hustle and bustle down on Melrose.

As for me, I just want to enjoy these things. Maybe laugh at myself because I'm constantly hungry and broke, but hey, at least my IG feed is thriving, right? #priorities


Speaking of which, will you follow me on my new Foodie account? Ah, thanks, guys. Alright, I actually need to go to work. Peace.

FOLLOW: @thelanoob











 

 FOLLOW ON IG: @thelanoob



Comments

Popular Posts